- Reduced picking and packing labor time as items and supplies are stored in logical and easy to pick locations.
- Improved inventory control processes that result in reduced shipping errors
- Optimum inventory levels ensuring an uninterrupted supply to the customer
- Reduced obsolete items that free up valuable capital resources
We chose to discuss Logistics in the broad sense earlier. Some would argue Distribution the same as, or a part of Logistics. For our purposes, we will address warehousing, handling, packaging, and inventory control, etc. in this section.
The business' available warehouse space is "shrinking" and will no longer accommodate current business needs. What does the business do? Using 5S and industry best practices combined with years of experience, Maximize Management Executives will Maximize the business' warehouse layout and optimize its distribution processes. We will evaluate existing inventory control software and implement best practice shipping/receiving processes and controls. The benefits to be achieved include:
Perhaps the business is in a growth mode and needs to build or relocate. Maximize Management can assist in evaluating the best locations and floor plans as well as required equipment to operate a world class facility. We will assist in the selection and layout of specialized distribution equipment including, but not limited to, conveyors, packers, scales, loading racks, pickers, fork trucks and bar coding.
The Maximize Management team of Executives represent decades of packaging, drumming, bagging, bulk truck, inter-modal, rail and barge loading operations experience as well as a broad knowledge of industry ergonomics, OSHA, CFR and relevant government regulations.
- Using Six Sigma methodology, this Distribution project realized over $2M savings annually through consolidation of loading/unloading facilities, more efficient scheduling of shipments, equipment upgrades, sharing of resources, elimination of overtime, and staffing reductions through attrition. Key metrics were put in place to sustain the improvements.